A small group of people gathered outside the Yakima Police Department this afternoon to hold a protest.
The protest was designed to bring attention to the officer involved fatal shootings in Yakima County this year.
Three people have died in those shootings, including Jesse Humphrey in Selah, Rocendo Arias at a car wash in Yakima, and Rolando Villanueva along I-82.
"They've been trained, but for some reason they're using their badge as power and they're not using it to protect," said Humphrey's step-sister Kassie Fishnick, "They're using it as power and going overboard with things."
All the officers involved in the shootings have since returned to work following investigations.
- Westinghouse Electric to file for bankruptcy
- Bodies of 2 UN experts found in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Richland former Gonzaga player to see team make history
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland