Benton city voters by a narrow margin approved a proposal to allow for the sale and distribution of recreational marijuana in their city.
The Nov. 8 election certified Tuesday showed 562 in favor of the proposition. 506 voters said no. The measure must now go to the city council for a vote before marijuana sales are legal in Benton city.
In Franklin county, the most watched race pitted incumbent county commissioner Bob Koch against Republican challenger Rocky Mullen.
Koch picked up 10,079 votes. Mullen received 10,050 votes. Franklin County officials say the closeness of the race will require an automatic hand count before the election is certified.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself