The Pasco Boys and Girls Club in Pasco had a special visitor this afternoon. Harlem Globetrotter Ambassador Firefly Fisher entertained kids with some fancy basketball moves and talked to kids about how to combat bullying in school.
Firefly says he got hooked on basketball when his mother tossed him a bounce pass at three years old, and the next thing he knew, he was a Globetrotter.
Now, he goes around remind everyone how important it is for children to have positive influences in their lives.
The Harlem Globetrotters will be at the Toyota Center in Kennewick on February 20th, then at the Yakima Sundome on February 23rd.
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees