The Pasco Boys and Girls Club in Pasco had a special visitor this afternoon. Harlem Globetrotter Ambassador Firefly Fisher entertained kids with some fancy basketball moves and talked to kids about how to combat bullying in school.
Firefly says he got hooked on basketball when his mother tossed him a bounce pass at three years old, and the next thing he knew, he was a Globetrotter.
Now, he goes around remind everyone how important it is for children to have positive influences in their lives.
The Harlem Globetrotters will be at the Toyota Center in Kennewick on February 20th, then at the Yakima Sundome on February 23rd.
- Accidental shooting at child's party leaves 1 man hurt
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself