The League of Women Voters of Benton and Franklin counties is presenting a community forum on Affordable Health Care
Members of the community gather to get learn about preventive care with no co-pays, prescriptions, and maternity care; and how to get started using the online enrollment portal on Washington Health Plan Finder.
One woman working to navigate clients through this process said classes like this are necessary for people to learn about health care.
"It's important for people to be here today to get any questions answered for health care. To see if they qualify or not," said Priscilla Sanchez, with the Community Actions Commitee.
The "individual mandate" is in effect this year; most people must have health coverage by March 31st or face a penalty on their income tax return.
- New Hanford site kiosk unveiled at Richland Public Library
- Crews continue to battle wildfire in Selah
- PNNL denies whistleblower retaliation against worker
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?