The League of Women Voters of Benton and Franklin counties is presenting a community forum on Affordable Health Care
Members of the community gather to get learn about preventive care with no co-pays, prescriptions, and maternity care; and how to get started using the online enrollment portal on Washington Health Plan Finder.
One woman working to navigate clients through this process said classes like this are necessary for people to learn about health care.
"It's important for people to be here today to get any questions answered for health care. To see if they qualify or not," said Priscilla Sanchez, with the Community Actions Commitee.
The "individual mandate" is in effect this year; most people must have health coverage by March 31st or face a penalty on their income tax return.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services