Hundreds of people in Yakima get a chance to learn good heart health today.
It's part of Yakima Regional's 5th annual Healthy Heart Expo.
The expo gives people the chance to speak with professionals about how to keep a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy heart.
People also had their blood pressure checked, and met with various fitness clubs from the area.
"A lot of people need to be educated, and if we all work together, we can lower the incidences of heart problems in our community," said CEO Rich Robinson, "That's what this is about; it's about educating people, to avoid problems."
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 600,000 people die from heart disease every year -- that's about 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Global cyberattack: What you need to know
- Massive malware attack: Who's been hit
- State lawmakers pull all-nighter to try to reach budget deal, avert government shutdown
- Elderly woman found dead floating in pool
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor