Hundreds of people in Yakima get a chance to learn good heart health today.
It's part of Yakima Regional's 5th annual Healthy Heart Expo.
The expo gives people the chance to speak with professionals about how to keep a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy heart.
People also had their blood pressure checked, and met with various fitness clubs from the area.
"A lot of people need to be educated, and if we all work together, we can lower the incidences of heart problems in our community," said CEO Rich Robinson, "That's what this is about; it's about educating people, to avoid problems."
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 600,000 people die from heart disease every year -- that's about 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Boyz II Men performing at Benton Franklin Fair & Rodeo
- Gary Allan to kick off Pendleton Round-Up, Happy Canyon week
- Some balk as Seattle seeks to spend more money on homeless
- The Trump stock market rally is under siege
- 'Umbrella' protesters charged one day after new Hong Kong leader selected
- London's Muslim women march for victims of Westminster terror attack