Well we escaped bone chilling temperatures for a few weeks but this week, we're not so lucky and there are a few precautions you may want to take to protect your home.
If you haven't already, it's definitely time to properly insulate your exposed pipes.
As temperatures drop, the water inside uninsulated pipes can freeze causing the pipe to expand and break.
Another way to protect your home is disconneting outside garden hoses and covering outdoor faucets.
Seal foundation cracks to help protect pipes in crawlspaces and maintain proper heat inside your home making sure it's no lower than 55 degrees.
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser