If you live in Umatilla and ask for an ambulance this summer, don't be surprised if the one that arrives comes from Hermiston.
The Umatilla Rural Fire Protection District is working on a deal for Hermiston Fire and Emergency Services to cover Umatilla's ambulance calls.
The move comes as Umatilla deals with a shrinking number of volunteers and an increase in calls.
Staff in Umatill will still respond, however, Hermiston will be responsible for transporting any patient to the hospital.
If approved, the deal would go in effect July 1st.
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled
- Seattle plant failure dumps millions of gallons of sewage
- Colorado weighs strategy for guarding against pot crackdown