If you live in Umatilla and ask for an ambulance this summer, don't be surprised if the one that arrives comes from Hermiston.
The Umatilla Rural Fire Protection District is working on a deal for Hermiston Fire and Emergency Services to cover Umatilla's ambulance calls.
The move comes as Umatilla deals with a shrinking number of volunteers and an increase in calls.
Staff in Umatill will still respond, however, Hermiston will be responsible for transporting any patient to the hospital.
If approved, the deal would go in effect July 1st.
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement