From the Sunnyside PD-
At approximately 2250 hours Sunnyside Police were requested to assist Grandview PD with a pursuit heading into the City of Sunnyside. Officer assisted and attempted several times to use spike strips to stop the vehicle which reached a maximum speed of 105 MPH. A Sunnyside Officer was finally able to deploy a spike strip and successfully spike one tires. The pursuit lasted approximately 45 minutes within the city and ended when the vehicle was struck by a police vehicle executing a PIT maneuver. There were no injuries involved but two police vehicles were damaged during the pursuit. The suspect, Joel Ramos 09-09-90 was arrested. Ramos will be charged with DUI, Attempted Eluding of a police vehicle, Driving while suspended and for an outstanding arrest warrant.
Agencies involved, Grandview Police Department, Sunnyside Police Department, Washington State Patrol and Granger Police Department.
Washington State Patrol has been requested to conduct an investigation of the collision.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities