Yakima Sheriffs Deputies arrest a 17-year-old boy on charges of hit-and-run and obstrucing.
The sheriff's office said a car crashed into a power pole on the 600 block of Butterfield Rd. around 10 p.m. last night causing a power outage in a large portion of the western area of Terrace Heights.
The car left the scene.
A deputy found tire prints consistent with the 1992 Toyota Camry and followed them to the car surrounded by people.
Two boys fled on foot and the deputy chased them.
The boy taken into custody admitted to being the driver of the car.
Several other people were detained for questioning.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location