Yakima Sheriffs Deputies arrest a 17-year-old boy on charges of hit-and-run and obstrucing.
The sheriff's office said a car crashed into a power pole on the 600 block of Butterfield Rd. around 10 p.m. last night causing a power outage in a large portion of the western area of Terrace Heights.
The car left the scene.
A deputy found tire prints consistent with the 1992 Toyota Camry and followed them to the car surrounded by people.
Two boys fled on foot and the deputy chased them.
The boy taken into custody admitted to being the driver of the car.
Several other people were detained for questioning.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds