Is Hobby Lobby closing its doors?
A page being shared on social media make it seems so, but Hobby Lobby has no plans to close any of its stores.
The rumor started after the company challenged the Affordable Care Act's requirement to cover birth control for employees.
Hobby Lobby executives believe the new mandate violates everything they clearly stand for and believe they are fully covered under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
The act says the government cannot place unreasonable or unnecessary restrictions on religious freedom.
The U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals has sided with the owners of Hobby Lobby, and now the case is in the hands of the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Community scared after recent violence in Yakima
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter