A state senator from Moses Lake has formally announced her candidacy for Washington's 4th Congressional District seat.
Janea Holmquist Newbry, a Republican, says she feels compelled to continue her efforts to fight for the future of our state and nation.
She is currently a state senator in the 13th legislative district and currently serves as Chairwoman of the Senate Commerce and Labor Committee.
She joins Franklin County Commissioner Brad Peck and Former NFL player Clint Didier who have also announced they want to fill the seat that will soon by vacated by Congressman Doc Hastings who is retiring at the end of the year.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape