Yakima police are called out to Miller Park this morning after a homeless man dies there.
50 year old Robert Kelley was found on the ground near the basketball courts just before 8 a.m. He died of natural causes.
One woman we spoke with today who used to be homeless, says she wants the problem in Yakima to be fixed -- to prevent people from dying on the streets.
"I've had them come to my house, and I've fed them, warmed them up," said Janette Sheehan, "Finally, I've been blessed to have a home, but I think we need to have an answer to this problem."
The county coroner says they will be performing toxicology screenings on kelley to determine an exact cause of death.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family