From the Kennewick Police Department-
Officer Rosane responded to this residence (1109 Canyon Lakes Dr.) for a burglary report on August 13th at about 7PM. Lawrence Jelsing reported that he and his wife had gone to Spokane for the day and returned at approximately 6PM. Upon arriving home they found that the door to the garage had been forced open. They checked the interior of the residence and found jewelry and electonics missing. A neighbor in the area has a video camera system which captured the suspect vehicle and two suspects walking from the side of the residence carrying a bag. The Kennewick Officer investigating the burglary recognized the one suspect as Daniel Hunt and the suspect's vehicle, a white Nissan Pathfinder. CAT (Criminal Apprehension Team) began searching local motels and located the suspect vehicle at the Sage and Sun in Pasco. Shortly thereafter Hunt was located walking through the parking lot. Hunt was arrested and interviewed. A search warrant was obtained for the room and electronics and thumb drives belonging to the victim were located. Hunt's vehicle was towed as evidence and a search warrant will be completed on it. Hunt was booked into the Benton County Jail for Burglary.
There was a second suspect involved that has not yet been positively identified. The investigation is on-going at this time.
- Swedish hostage released after 6 years
- New non-profit Service Peace Warriors trains service dogs for veterans
- Local business owner helping maintain Yakima's landmark sign
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River