The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is investigating human remains found near Highway 204.
A report came in around noon on Monday from a logging company working near Lincton Mountain Road. Workers reported finding what they believed were human remains that had been there for a while.
Deputies responded to the area, where they did discover skeletal remains. They were spread over an area of about 50 yards.
A Forensic Scientist from the Oregon State Police Crime lab confirmed the remains were that of a
male. The remains will be sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Portland for further examination.
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape
- 4 arrested after Walmart shoplifting in Pasco