The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is investigating human remains found near Highway 204.
A report came in around noon on Monday from a logging company working near Lincton Mountain Road. Workers reported finding what they believed were human remains that had been there for a while.
Deputies responded to the area, where they did discover skeletal remains. They were spread over an area of about 50 yards.
A Forensic Scientist from the Oregon State Police Crime lab confirmed the remains were that of a
male. The remains will be sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Portland for further examination.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture