The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is investigating human remains found near Highway 204.
A report came in around noon on Monday from a logging company working near Lincton Mountain Road. Workers reported finding what they believed were human remains that had been there for a while.
Deputies responded to the area, where they did discover skeletal remains. They were spread over an area of about 50 yards.
A Forensic Scientist from the Oregon State Police Crime lab confirmed the remains were that of a
male. The remains will be sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Portland for further examination.
- Meals on Wheels hosts first ever local fundraiser
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding