The Umatilla County Sheriff's Office is investigating human remains found near Highway 204.
A report came in around noon on Monday from a logging company working near Lincton Mountain Road. Workers reported finding what they believed were human remains that had been there for a while.
Deputies responded to the area, where they did discover skeletal remains. They were spread over an area of about 50 yards.
A Forensic Scientist from the Oregon State Police Crime lab confirmed the remains were that of a
male. The remains will be sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Portland for further examination.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop