Hundreds of people gather at the Yakima Seventh-Day Adventist Church to celebrate the life of Dr. Jay Sloop.
The memorial service was held nearly a year after Sloop went missing in Kiev, Ukraine in May.
Family and volunteers searched the area for weeks, however, no trace of the doctor was uncovered.
Sloop is survived by his wife, three sons, six grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified