Hundreds of people gather at the Yakima Seventh-Day Adventist Church to celebrate the life of Dr. Jay Sloop.
The memorial service was held nearly a year after Sloop went missing in Kiev, Ukraine in May.
Family and volunteers searched the area for weeks, however, no trace of the doctor was uncovered.
Sloop is survived by his wife, three sons, six grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services