Hundreds of people are at the State Fair Park in Yakima tonight, awaiting the big firework show in town.
In the meantime, people can come enjoy food vendors, rides, and live music, put together at the park.
It's an annual event that celebrates the 4th of july -- a holiday one person says people need to remember the true meaning of.
"4th of July is important because, we're one of the only countries that actually has the freedom to celebrate independence," said Jose Andrade, "And also to respect the fallen."
Fireworks will light up the sky above State Fair Park beginning at 10 -m as part of the city's 4th of July celebration.
Admission and parking are free.
- Judge orders Exxon to hand over climate change documents
- KSD votes 3-2 to keep speaker Brad Henning
- American Cancer Society concerned with new health care legislation
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees