Hundreds of people are at the State Fair Park in Yakima tonight, awaiting the big firework show in town.
In the meantime, people can come enjoy food vendors, rides, and live music, put together at the park.
It's an annual event that celebrates the 4th of july -- a holiday one person says people need to remember the true meaning of.
"4th of July is important because, we're one of the only countries that actually has the freedom to celebrate independence," said Jose Andrade, "And also to respect the fallen."
Fireworks will light up the sky above State Fair Park beginning at 10 -m as part of the city's 4th of July celebration.
Admission and parking are free.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities