A 26 year old male inmate has died in the Franklin County jail. The Franklin County Sheriff's Department tells us that officers were making rounds when they were told about an inmate in distress.
The inmate apparently had a seizure and hit his head on a concrete wall. Paramedics could not save his life. He has been identified as Mitchell Campbell of Richland. An autopsy is being conducted Sunday.
- Inmate populations in Yakima County climbing fast
- Home improvement scams on the rise this Spring
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'