UMATILLA, Wash. - An inmate died unexpectedly at the Two Rivers Correctional Institute in Umatilla on Friday morning.
Michael Shaw, 52, was found unresponsive in his bed around 5:45 a.m. and medical staff tried to revive him.
He was pronounced dead at 6:32 a.m. of apparent natural causes.
As with all unexpected deaths in state prisons, Oregon State Police detectives are conducting an investigation.
Shaw has been in custody since Jul. 16, 2002 on one count of first-degree sex abuse and one count of mistreatment in Marion County. His earliest release date was Sept. 28, 2025.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities