EPHRATA, Wash. (AP) -- A 29-year-old man managed to escape from the Grant County jail on Sunday, but was apprehended less than three hours later. The Grant County Sheriff's office says Jaime D. Hampshire managed to slip from the jail while another person was being released around 10 a.m. Sunday. Hampshire was being held for felony theft charges. By 12:30 p.m. Hampshire was located and apprehended at a residence in Moses Lake. The sheriff's office says it's investigating how Hampshire managed to escape.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced