EPHRATA, Wash. (AP) -- A 29-year-old man managed to escape from the Grant County jail on Sunday, but was apprehended less than three hours later. The Grant County Sheriff's office says Jaime D. Hampshire managed to slip from the jail while another person was being released around 10 a.m. Sunday. Hampshire was being held for felony theft charges. By 12:30 p.m. Hampshire was located and apprehended at a residence in Moses Lake. The sheriff's office says it's investigating how Hampshire managed to escape.
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters
- AAA: Teen drivers 3 times more likely to be involved in fatal crashes
- UPDATE: Man threatens police, SWAT team enters home
- Be Safe, Not Sorry: Fireworks Safety, Prevention