Traffic on Nob Hill Boulevard between 1st Street and 3rd Avenue will be intermittently interrupted from mid morning to early afternoon starting tomorrow and continue through Thursday while Cascade Natural Gas crews install a new gas line to service Shields Bag and Printing in Yakima.
To ensure the highest level of safety during the gas line installation project, the two westbound lanes and the turn lane of Nob Hill between 1st Street and 3rd Avenue will be closed from 9:00 am until about 3:00 pm on March 25th, 26th, and 27th.
Flaggers will be on site to help direct traffic while the gas line installation project is ongoing.
During the project, traffic delays in the area are likely to occur. Drivers should use alternate routes if possible until the project is completed. The City Engineering Division suggests drivers use either Mead Avenue or Walnut Avenue as alternate routes.
Access to homes and businesses in the area will be maintained while the project is underway.
As always, the schedule for this type of project is subject to change daily, dependant on weather, equipment failure, and emergencies.
For additional information regarding this project, contact Construction Supervisor Bruce Floyd at 575-6138.
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park
- WSP to crack down on studded tires