Traffic on Nob Hill Boulevard between 1st Street and 3rd Avenue will be intermittently interrupted from mid morning to early afternoon starting tomorrow and continue through Thursday while Cascade Natural Gas crews install a new gas line to service Shields Bag and Printing in Yakima.
To ensure the highest level of safety during the gas line installation project, the two westbound lanes and the turn lane of Nob Hill between 1st Street and 3rd Avenue will be closed from 9:00 am until about 3:00 pm on March 25th, 26th, and 27th.
Flaggers will be on site to help direct traffic while the gas line installation project is ongoing.
During the project, traffic delays in the area are likely to occur. Drivers should use alternate routes if possible until the project is completed. The City Engineering Division suggests drivers use either Mead Avenue or Walnut Avenue as alternate routes.
Access to homes and businesses in the area will be maintained while the project is underway.
As always, the schedule for this type of project is subject to change daily, dependant on weather, equipment failure, and emergencies.
For additional information regarding this project, contact Construction Supervisor Bruce Floyd at 575-6138.
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres