A 17-year-old boy has been arrested after officers received a report of a shot having been fired early this morning in the area of E. Beech Avenue and NE McNary Avenue in Hermiston.
Officers searched the area and found a parked Ford pickup had been damaged.
The investigation led to officers taking the teen into custody and charging him with unlawful use of a weapon, criminal mischief in the first degree and minor in possession of alcohol. The teen was later transported and lodged at the juvenile detention facility in Pendleton.
During the process, the boy's mother, 35-year-old Olga Espain was arrested for interfering with a police officer. Espain was transported to the Hermiston Police Department and processed with a citation to appear.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters