Yakima County Jail inmates will now have to pay a fee for being incarcerated.
Yakima County Commissioners approved a measure this week to assess a $50 fee for anyone who is booked into the county jail.
The move is an attempt to help offset costs -- currently the jail population is around 750 people.
The fee will go into effect at the beginning of next month.
- Sunnyside police officer resigns after domestic violence allegations
- Layton Park vandalism suspect caught on camera
- Deputies investigating Kennewick woman's unknown cause of death
- Pasco Police searching for man involved in active case
- Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants
- Amazon buys Souq in big play for Middle East market