35 year old Cristiano Oliveira makes an appearance before a Yakima County Court judge this afternoon.
Oliveira was arrested last night on suspicion of third degree rape stemming from a sexual relationship he allegedly carried out with a minor student of his over 6 years ago.
The reported victim made law enforcement aware of the situation only recently
Oliveira currently owns and operates the Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu dojo in Yakima.
Danny Dodd teaches martial arts in West Valley and is concerned that all of the area's martial aerts teachers will be affected negatively
"It's outrageous," said Dodd, "That's one of the issues where if things could be handled differently, they would be handled differently."
According to court papers Oliveira was sexually involved with a girl from 2008-2010 during the time she was fourteen to sixteen years old.
The documents state Oliveira made the girl engage in over 100 different sex acts, extending from a gym in Ellensburg, to a room she was babysitting his children in at Oliveira's house.
The girl, now in her 20's, says Oliveira was her coach during that time period -- court papers state Oliveira confirmed the woman's story during a meeting with her.
"For someone to be using their influence, their position that a way is unbefitting of that is a detriment to the entire community," said Dodd.
Oliveira's bail is set at one million dollars, a judge also revoked his passport, as he is a native of Brazil.
He will be arraigned in two weeks.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services