35 year old Cristiano Oliveira makes an appearance before a Yakima County Court judge this afternoon.
Oliveira was arrested last night on suspicion of third degree rape stemming from a sexual relationship he allegedly carried out with a minor student of his over 6 years ago.
The reported victim made law enforcement aware of the situation only recently
Oliveira currently owns and operates the Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu dojo in Yakima.
Danny Dodd teaches martial arts in West Valley and is concerned that all of the area's martial aerts teachers will be affected negatively
"It's outrageous," said Dodd, "That's one of the issues where if things could be handled differently, they would be handled differently."
According to court papers Oliveira was sexually involved with a girl from 2008-2010 during the time she was fourteen to sixteen years old.
The documents state Oliveira made the girl engage in over 100 different sex acts, extending from a gym in Ellensburg, to a room she was babysitting his children in at Oliveira's house.
The girl, now in her 20's, says Oliveira was her coach during that time period -- court papers state Oliveira confirmed the woman's story during a meeting with her.
"For someone to be using their influence, their position that a way is unbefitting of that is a detriment to the entire community," said Dodd.
Oliveira's bail is set at one million dollars, a judge also revoked his passport, as he is a native of Brazil.
He will be arraigned in two weeks.
- Meals on Wheels hosts first ever local fundraiser
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding