Joseph Hart received a life sentence without the possibility of early release for the murder in the death of his roommate in March of 2012.
Hart was found guilty by Judge Carrie Runge last week of the murder in the second degree and assault in he second degree as part of a stipulated trial based on reports and stipulated facts in the case.
Hart stabbed 53 year old Rodger Licoln to death while the two shared a trailer owned by Lourdes Health network in a complex that provides supportive living for people with mental illnesses.
The defense attroney said the take away from this case is that there is a need for a mental health court within our system.
- Goats return to manage levee vegetation along Mill Creek
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Thrift store and non-profit continues fight against homelessness
- Police arrest suspect in murder of 14-year-old boy
- Man charged with assaulting 7-week-old daughter
- 10-year-old donates earnings to shooting victim's family