A Benton County Superior Court judge denies a defense motion to dismiss charges against a murder suspect.
Robert McCorkindale is facing 1st-degree murder charges for the death of Preston Yahne last summer.
According to court documents, McCorkindale admitted to investigators that he stabbed Yahne, ran over him with a car, then set the car on fire as part of a drug deal gone bad.
The defense argued the state has mismanaged this case with delays but the court did not agree with that.
Judge Sal Mendoza also denied a defense motion to dismiss one of the state's witnesses, McCorkindale's girlfriend Laura Bancroft, who was originally questioned by police about this case.
McCorkindales trial is set to begin June 27th.
- Woman dies in highway crash in Yakima
- Man shot by deputy in Burien was carrying pen, not knife
- Lawsuit filed following police shooting in Washington state
- 5 year old girl found unconscious in pool
- Ex-boyfriend kills new boyfriend and then himself
- West Richland residents hold petition signing against new cannabis shop