A federal judge hears a case involving a man who is suing the Catholic Diocese of Yakima for alleged sexual abuse.
The man, known as John Doe, is suing the church for more than 3 million dollars -- accusing a deacon candidate, Aaron Ramirez of raping him one night in 1999 when John Doe was 17.
The church says Ramirez left his church in Zillah shortly after and fled to Mexico.
The plaintiff's s attorneys argue Ramirez used his position and authority to take advantage of their client.
- Man in custody following Benton County standoff
- Crews start project to connect people to Columbia Park Trail in South Richland
- Local Marine runs ultra-marathon 8 months after being in a coma
- Controversial Prosser librarian speaks out on immigration at local town hall
- St. Paul school in Yakima may soon relocate
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance