A federal judge hears a case involving a man who is suing the Catholic Diocese of Yakima for alleged sexual abuse.
The man, known as John Doe, is suing the church for more than 3 million dollars -- accusing a deacon candidate, Aaron Ramirez of raping him one night in 1999 when John Doe was 17.
The church says Ramirez left his church in Zillah shortly after and fled to Mexico.
The plaintiff's s attorneys argue Ramirez used his position and authority to take advantage of their client.
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser
- Multiple injuries in 2 vehicle collision on Clearwater