The jury is now deliberating about the future of Ronald Love.
Both the prosecution and defense have rested their cases after two weeks of personal and expert testimony.
Love has been held at the special commitment center for the past 13 years, following the conclusion of a prison sentence.
He's accused of attempted rape in Pasco in 1991 and raping two girls in California before that.
The state would like to see Love serve more time.
The defense is arguing he is a changed man and has served his dues.
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced
- Vulnerable pets earn second chance at life with generous donation
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November