A Franklin County jury returned a guilty verdict against 38-year-old Manual Juan Preciado on one count of Assault in the Second Degree with firearm enhancement, a lesser included offense. In a release, Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney Shawn Sant says the jury returned a verdict of not guilty on a second charge at Attempted Kidnapping in the First Degree.
This incident involved a shooting that occurred last February on the 700 block of South Owen in Pasco. A co-defendent in the case, 38-year-old Salvador Garcia, entered an earlier plea to Assault in the Second Degree with a firearm enhancement and Attempted Kidnapping in the Second Degree. Salvador is serving his sentence. The victim, Ramon Jaimes Galves, was treated at a local hospital for a gunshot wound. Ramon remain uncooperative throughout this case.
Preciado faces a possible sentence between 3 to 9 months for the Assault Second Degree plus an additional 36 months on the firearm enhancement that runs consecutive to the 3 to 9 month sentence. Sentencing will be set at a later date.
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture
- Wildfires in central Washington cover more than 6,000 acres
- Storm cleanup turns into neighborhood effort
- Graffiti uptick in Finley prompts law enforcement crackdown