Kadlec Health Systems announces it is forming an affiliation with Providence Health and Services.
Kadlec said this partnership will allow it to provide more affordability of care and with a larger pool of doctors it should imporve clinical quality of care.
Kadlec President Lane Savitch said this partnership has been in talks for about nine months now.
He said Providence has 33 hospitals across five states, including St. Marys in Walla Walla.
Savitch said consolidation within the industry has been taking place for several years now but the pace of mergers has increased since the Affordable Care Act passed.
Savitch said Kadlec also has plans to increase the size of the hospital to fit the growing community.
He said they plan on expanding their six story tower to a 10 story tower and add to the intensive care unit.
One thing that won't be chaning is the name.
The hospital plans to remain Kadlec Regional Medical Center.
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities
- Tri-City Americans picked 9th, 16th overall in NHL draft
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital