J. Michael Kelly wins heat 1A at the 2014 Columbia Cup Saturday in the U1 Graham Trucking and Jon Zimmerman wins heat 1B in the U9 Red Dot.
Heat 1A was, well, confusing. H1 officials originally ruled during the running of the heat that all of the boats except for Kelly Stocklin in the U18 Bucket List racing had jumped the start, only to later rule that no one had. Kelly was first, Jimmy Shane in the U6 Oh Boy! Oberto was second and Dave Villwock in the U37 Beacon Plumbing was third.
Heat 1B was a lot more simple--Zimmerman, whose team rebuilt the boat after it flipped two weeks ago in Detroit, led wire to wire.
For highlights and post race comments from the winnes, click here
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters