J. Michael Kelly wins heat 1A at the 2014 Columbia Cup Saturday in the U1 Graham Trucking and Jon Zimmerman wins heat 1B in the U9 Red Dot.
Heat 1A was, well, confusing. H1 officials originally ruled during the running of the heat that all of the boats except for Kelly Stocklin in the U18 Bucket List racing had jumped the start, only to later rule that no one had. Kelly was first, Jimmy Shane in the U6 Oh Boy! Oberto was second and Dave Villwock in the U37 Beacon Plumbing was third.
Heat 1B was a lot more simple--Zimmerman, whose team rebuilt the boat after it flipped two weeks ago in Detroit, led wire to wire.
For highlights and post race comments from the winnes, click here
- Keystone XL pipeline would only create 35 permanent jobs
- A shoplifter on the loose, police need your help to identify him
- Putin meets French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen at Kremlin
- Afghan troops withdraw from key area in fight with Taliban
- Khalid Masood: What we know about the London attacker
- High school students get glimpse into future careers