Tonight is the final public hearing for a developer and a few Benton County residents' request for annexation into the city of Kennewick.
Kennewick City Council will vote on whether or not to grant that request regarding the 21 acres, in between 15th Ave. & 17th Ave and Cedar St. & Gum St.
According to the city, a developer wants to build homes in that area.
The city says some benefits of being a part of the city are the water and sewer fees and getting police and fire response from city resources.
The city is expecting to hear from those supporting the annexation as well as people who oppose it.
The meeting starts at 6:30 tonight and the public is welcome.
- Crime Stoppers searching for Yakima County burglary suspect
- Medical supply company files for bankruptcy after 70 years of business
- New study of Seattle's $15 minimum wage says it costs jobs
- Alaska Air offers charter flight for solar eclipse viewing
- Avis to manage Waymo's self-driving cars
- RPD looking for help identifying alleged shoplifters