Tonight is the final public hearing for a developer and a few Benton County residents' request for annexation into the city of Kennewick.
Kennewick City Council will vote on whether or not to grant that request regarding the 21 acres, in between 15th Ave. & 17th Ave and Cedar St. & Gum St.
According to the city, a developer wants to build homes in that area.
The city says some benefits of being a part of the city are the water and sewer fees and getting police and fire response from city resources.
The city is expecting to hear from those supporting the annexation as well as people who oppose it.
The meeting starts at 6:30 tonight and the public is welcome.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome