After completing an investigation into the two fires that started at the Lakeside apartments February 12th the Kennewick Fire Department said it didn't find any breach of policy.
Chief Neil Hines said the KFD did find that it can improve its process.
The chief wants to make the process of transfering the property back to the owner more formal to make sure everyone understands their role.
Chief Hines said basic fire safety could have prevented these fires and stresses how important it is to have renters insurance.
That fire was caused by a barbeque log placed on a back deck of that complex. Firefighters put out the original fire before it flared up again later causing more extensive damage.
- Search amplifies in forest west of Naches for 20-year-old missing since Friday
- Amazon Prime Day promo starts night of July 10, now 30 hours
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Controversial cannabis shop put on hold
- Tri-Cities Community Health CEO sees no benefits in GOP health care plan
- Kennewick Fire warns fireworks could result in $5,000 fine, jail time