After completing an investigation into the two fires that started at the Lakeside apartments February 12th the Kennewick Fire Department said it didn't find any breach of policy.
Chief Neil Hines said the KFD did find that it can improve its process.
The chief wants to make the process of transfering the property back to the owner more formal to make sure everyone understands their role.
Chief Hines said basic fire safety could have prevented these fires and stresses how important it is to have renters insurance.
That fire was caused by a barbeque log placed on a back deck of that complex. Firefighters put out the original fire before it flared up again later causing more extensive damage.
- Local youth refugee performance works to inspire positive change
- Community rallies behind Meals on Wheels
- Store owners on high alert due to shoplifting spike in Kennewick
- Wildlife, forestry groups presenting in Yakima for 4-day convention
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome