A Kennewick firefighter and paramedic is suing the city and several Kennewick Fire Department Supervisors.
Firefighter Andra Thompson claims she has suffered from discrimination, retaliation and a hostile work place for eighteen years.
She said she has been unfairly passed over for promotions and has been the target of offensive acts.
No specific damage amount is listed in the lawsuit but she is asking for damages for lost wages, promotional losses, humiliation, fear and embarrassment.
Thompson has also filed a second lawsuit claiming the city withheld documents showing a pattern of gender discrimination in the department.
The city told Your Local ABC it did nothing wrong and is denying the allegations.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location