A Kennewick firefighter and paramedic is suing the city and several Kennewick Fire Department Supervisors.
Firefighter Andra Thompson claims she has suffered from discrimination, retaliation and a hostile work place for eighteen years.
She said she has been unfairly passed over for promotions and has been the target of offensive acts.
No specific damage amount is listed in the lawsuit but she is asking for damages for lost wages, promotional losses, humiliation, fear and embarrassment.
Thompson has also filed a second lawsuit claiming the city withheld documents showing a pattern of gender discrimination in the department.
The city told Your Local ABC it did nothing wrong and is denying the allegations.
- Returning property owners not convinced Mother Nature is to blame for recent flooding
- Yakima council presents draft of ‘inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Yakima council votes against raising car tab fees
- Richland extends Benton County jail contract
- First eating disorder treatment program begins in Kennewick
- Jury hears interview with defendant during retrial for former police officer accused of rape