A Kennewick firefighter and paramedic is suing the city and several Kennewick Fire Department Supervisors.
Firefighter Andra Thompson claims she has suffered from discrimination, retaliation and a hostile work place for eighteen years.
She said she has been unfairly passed over for promotions and has been the target of offensive acts.
No specific damage amount is listed in the lawsuit but she is asking for damages for lost wages, promotional losses, humiliation, fear and embarrassment.
Thompson has also filed a second lawsuit claiming the city withheld documents showing a pattern of gender discrimination in the department.
The city told Your Local ABC it did nothing wrong and is denying the allegations.
- Lineup ready for Yakima's Apple Jam talent search
- Burning of garbage cause of West Valley fire
- Camp Hope in Yakima sticking around until possibly November
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer