The Benton Franklin Health District has closed the Jimmy John's on Clearwater Avenue in Kennewick after several customers complain about getting sick.
The health district closed the restaurant at about 2 PM yesterday after receiving five to six reports of people getting sick after eating there within the last three days. The sandwich shop will be closed until further notice.
Susan Shelton of the health district tells us that the department does not yet know what caused the illnesses and that a wide range of possibilities are being discussed, incuding a potential norovirus outbreak. Symptoms of those who became ill incude vomiting and diarhea,
Shelton says that the Health District had received an influx of calls since the restaurant was closed and does not yet know when it will pinpoint a cause for the illnesses or how long the restaurant will be closed.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call