The Benton Franklin Health District has closed the Jimmy John's on Clearwater Avenue in Kennewick after several customers complain about getting sick.
The health district closed the restaurant at about 2 PM yesterday after receiving five to six reports of people getting sick after eating there within the last three days. The sandwich shop will be closed until further notice.
Susan Shelton of the health district tells us that the department does not yet know what caused the illnesses and that a wide range of possibilities are being discussed, incuding a potential norovirus outbreak. Symptoms of those who became ill incude vomiting and diarhea,
Shelton says that the Health District had received an influx of calls since the restaurant was closed and does not yet know when it will pinpoint a cause for the illnesses or how long the restaurant will be closed.
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town
- Why North Korea, US don't want all-out war
- Ousted South Korean president's confidante sentenced