A Kennewick man is in custody after police received an anoymous tip that the man was making threats to kill a Kennewick police officer on craigslist.
Because of the threat, the Tri-City Regional SWAT team was deployed and the home of 38-year-old Keith Brier was surrounded on the 16-hundred block of South Dayton Place at about 3:00 PM this afternoon.
Several neighboring homes and Washington Elementary School were placed on lock down for an hour.
Brier eventually walked out of the house and was taken into custody. His 6-year-old son was also inside the home and turned over to his mother who had been waiting with police.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location