A Kennewick man is in custody after police received an anoymous tip that the man was making threats to kill a Kennewick police officer on craigslist.
Because of the threat, the Tri-City Regional SWAT team was deployed and the home of 38-year-old Keith Brier was surrounded on the 16-hundred block of South Dayton Place at about 3:00 PM this afternoon.
Several neighboring homes and Washington Elementary School were placed on lock down for an hour.
Brier eventually walked out of the house and was taken into custody. His 6-year-old son was also inside the home and turned over to his mother who had been waiting with police.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds