Keith Brier is on a 72 hour no bail hold at the Benton County jail after making threats to kill a Kennewick police officer.
Benton county officers have until June 12th at five o'clock to formally charge Brier.
Yesterday police recived an anoymous tip that Brier was making threats on craigslist to kill an officer.
Because of the threat, the Tri-City Regional SWAT team was deployed and the home of 38-year-old Brier was surrounded on the 16-hundred block of South Dayton Place at about 3:00 p.m.
Brier eventually walked out of the house and was taken into custody. His 6-year-old son was also inside the home and turned over to his mother who had been waiting with police.
- 2 injured in early morning accident
- Whirlpool: Hotpoint fridge owners should check units after London fire
- Police looking for shoplifters
- Demands to Qatar: Close Al Jazeera, reduce Iran ties
- The Latest: Apartment surveillance video shows no intruder in Seattle fatal shooting
- Total solar eclipse casts spotlight on rural Oregon town