According to an American Community Survey, Kennewick is one of the earliest rising cities in the country.
According to the survey on average people in Kennewick get to work at 7:30 A.M.
This puts Kennewick tied with Beaumont, Texas, Decatur, Alabama and Fayetteville, North Carolina in 17th place as the city with the earliest risers for work.
People get to work the latest in New York, Atlantic City and San Jose going in around 8:23 A.M.
We posted to our Facebook page asking what time you get to work and the response varied from 5:30 to 8:30 A.M.
Nate Silver the author of the article that breaks down the survey said cities with the later start times are places with more young creative professionals and college towns.
Most of the cities with the earlier starts have military bases or farming and agriculture generate most of the income.
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified