Kennewick police are warning people about a scam that's going on.
Police says over the weekend several Kennewick residents reported receiving calls from a subject who identified themself as Lt. Greg Carr with the Franklin County Federal Warrants Division.
The male told them that she needed to pay a $1,000 fine as they had failed to show up for jury duty.
They were also told that if they failed to pay the fine they would be arrested and held in jail.
The caller stated that payment must be in a money order as they did not accept checks, debit or credit cards for payment.
In both instances the individuals receiving the calls knew the call was a scam and hung up on the caller and did not suffer a loss.
The Investigating Officer contacted the number provided and the caller identified himself as Lt. Carr and then hung upon on the Officer.
No law enforcement agency, local or federal, will make calls such as these.
- Mexican companies express interest in building border wall
- Teens wearing leggings barred from United flight
- Montana man identified as Las Vegas Strip shooting victim
- Inmate dies at Idaho maximum security prison
- Fire destroys apple packing plant in central Washington
- Discrimination lawsuit filed by former firefighter settled