PRESS RELEASE FROM KENNEWICK POLICE DEPARTMENT:
On March 30, 2014 about 0637 hours, Taylor was passing the area of Columbia Park east of Edison Street while she noted a wrecked car within the park itself. Officers arrived finding a gold 2004 Cadillac CTS unoccupied on a grassy area of the park with obvious damage. The investigation led officers to believe the vehicle was driven at a high rate of speed on Columbia Point Drive and the driver lost control of the vehicle while on the roadway ending up within the park grounds itself. Police identified James Garcia, age 24, of Pasco, Washington, as the owner of the car. It was determined he was the driver of the Cadillac at the time of the accident. Garcia sustained a fractured left wrist and a lacerated right wrist. He was arrested for reckless driving and the hit and run accident.
- Lawmakers react to GOP healthcare plan before the Senate
- Richland police arrest suspected child molester
- Are flying cars the next big thing in transport?
- Fireworks cause brush fire, destroying Hermiston duplex
- Richland fireworks volunteers hoping to give back with proceeds
- Selah fire grows to at least 2,800 acres