PRESS RELEASE FROM KENNEWICK POLICE DEPARTMENT:
On March 30, 2014 about 0637 hours, Taylor was passing the area of Columbia Park east of Edison Street while she noted a wrecked car within the park itself. Officers arrived finding a gold 2004 Cadillac CTS unoccupied on a grassy area of the park with obvious damage. The investigation led officers to believe the vehicle was driven at a high rate of speed on Columbia Point Drive and the driver lost control of the vehicle while on the roadway ending up within the park grounds itself. Police identified James Garcia, age 24, of Pasco, Washington, as the owner of the car. It was determined he was the driver of the Cadillac at the time of the accident. Garcia sustained a fractured left wrist and a lacerated right wrist. He was arrested for reckless driving and the hit and run accident.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
- CBC officials work to promote healthy studying, combatting drug usage
- Washington state operating budget proposal may cut homeless funding
- Former Pasco police officer found not guilty of rape, assault
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- Man arrested on 3 warrants due to unrelated 911 call