KENNEWICK, Wash. - Just before midnight Monday, Kennewick police responded to reports of a dead body found in a grassy field behind the Kentucky Fried Chicken in the 100 Block of South Ely Street.
The body has been identified as 25-year-old Jacob Lee Dunakey. Detectives are working to determine his cause of death.
Authorities called Kennewick Fire EMTs out to the scene, who confirmed the man they found was dead.
A spokesman with the Kennewick Police Department said he doesn't suspect foul play, but it can't be ruled out until the coroner completes his examination.
Anyone with information on this death is urged to call dispatch at 509-628-0333.
- Rep. Newhouse tours healthcare facility that offers a flat-rate monthly membership
- Scam targets iPhone users
- 'You belong here with us': Advocate reflects on local LGBTQ progress on #SpiritDay
- 40,000 pounds of food hits tables of families in need
- Fire officials respond to Thursday house fire in Kennewick