Kennewick police are handling an investigation in recent allegations against a Yakima police captain.
Captain Rod Light was placed on administrative leave earlier this week -- a complaint containing divorce papers between Light and his wife Darla was filed last week by a person outside of the police department.
The documents state Light had threatened his wife's life and allegedly beat her, Darla Light was then prompted to seek a protection order against Light.
Light has served 28 years with the Yakima Police Department.
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River
- Man fatally shot by Kent police during pursuit identified
- Credit card skimmers on the rise in grocery stores
- Veterans benefiting from free community acupuncture