Kennewick police are handling an investigation in recent allegations against a Yakima police captain.
Captain Rod Light was placed on administrative leave earlier this week -- a complaint containing divorce papers between Light and his wife Darla was filed last week by a person outside of the police department.
The documents state Light had threatened his wife's life and allegedly beat her, Darla Light was then prompted to seek a protection order against Light.
Light has served 28 years with the Yakima Police Department.
- Former manager of the closed Black Angus is getting a new chance
- Tri-Tech students compete in Welding Wars
- Bob Hall Dealership's ‘Change is Good' campaign funding kid's ideas
- Brown scores major wins for Tri-Cities in Senate capital budget
- 3 young children, 2 adults injured in wrong way collision on I-82
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest