UPDATE: A 21-year-old Kennewick man is cited and released following a hit and run yesterday.
Matt Oakley turned himself in yesterday after police say he struck a pole around 3:30 p.m. at 16th and Rainier and fled the scene.
ORIGINAL STORY: Kennewick Police is asking anyone with information on a driver involved in a hit and run yesterday afternoon to contact them.
Police say a man was driving a mid 90's gold color 2-door Honda Accord that struck a pole around 3:30 p.m. at 16th and Rainier and then fled the scene.
Witnesses describe the driver as a white male adult, wearing coveralls and a gray hoodie. When one of the witnesses asked him if he and his dog were ok, he said "yes" and then told his dog "Bruce, get back in the car". The dog was described as a brown and white boxer named Bruce.
A photo of the driver with a bumper in hand was taken by a witness as the driver was preparing to flee the scene.
If someone has information that they would like to provide while remaining confidential, they may call the Crime Stoppers line at 586-TIPS (8477), 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visit www.tricitiescimestoppers.org
- Portland police detain people in downtown protest
- Gonzaga won't cancel Friday classes for Final Four
- State agency says more funds needed to fight wildfires
- Portion of S.R. 821 to close Saturday for Yakima River Canyon Marathon
- Portland-based comedian to perform at Hermiston Chamber luncheon
- Pasco Police ask community to help find suspect connected to gun charge