A man is arrested for swinging a hatchet at a woman and her six children during a road rage incident in Kennewick yesterday.
Police say the woman had been driving in the area of Kennewick Avenue and Vista Way. She attempted to change lanes, and saw a vehicle in her blind spot, so returned to her lane and let the vehicle pass. That vehicle later pulled along side of her and began swinging a hatchet and yelling at her.
She called police, and they tracked down the suspect, Edward Bolt, who was arrested for displaying a dangerous weapon.
His passenger was also cited for an unrelated offense.
- Yakama Nation's fuel tax exemption sought by state
- Yakima's end of Ramadan celebration
- Hit-and-run sends Wapato man to hospital
- Domestic Violence Services seeks air mattress donations
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location