A man is arrested for swinging a hatchet at a woman and her six children during a road rage incident in Kennewick yesterday.
Police say the woman had been driving in the area of Kennewick Avenue and Vista Way. She attempted to change lanes, and saw a vehicle in her blind spot, so returned to her lane and let the vehicle pass. That vehicle later pulled along side of her and began swinging a hatchet and yelling at her.
She called police, and they tracked down the suspect, Edward Bolt, who was arrested for displaying a dangerous weapon.
His passenger was also cited for an unrelated offense.
- Residents lose everything in apartment fire over the weekend
- 'It tears me up:' Trophy shop immortalizes fallen soldiers
- Authorities search for man lost in the Yakima River
- Fire officials urge public to use caution when burning outdoors
- Ride Transit Month: Environmental benefits
- Crews battle fire on I-82 East outside of Prosser