Umatilla County Sheriff's deputies arrest a Kennewick woman yesterday morning for reckless driving and other charges.
48-year-old Sharlene Foltz was allegedly driving south on Highway 11, about 7 miles north of Pendleton, at nearly 100 miles per hour. She also was allegedly making dangerous passes on several cars, some through no passing zones before being stopped by deputies just north of Pendleton.
Foltz was driving and had one very scared, adult male passenger in the vehicle. She said she wasn't sure how fast she was driving and also claimed she was unaware that she was driving dangerously, because she was in a heated argument with her passenger.
The deputies found no evidence that either Foltz or her passenger were under the influence of intoxicants. Foltz has been lodged in the Umatilla County Jail.
- Three juveniles crash car after robbing market at gunpoint
- Lightning strikes Richland home, burns entire top floor
- Petition against cannabis shop gains traction
- Washington hosting 100 community fireworks displays on 4th of July
- Firework stands open up on tribal land
- Authorities warning swimmers after man was swept away in Yakima River