Students and parents of the Ki-Be School District said Superintendent Wade Haun has told them he cannot grant their request to a public forum to answer questions about all the recent personel changes in the district.
Haun instead asked that a meeting be held once a month with him and selected students to discuss issues that can then be shared with the rest of the student body.
The request for the public forum was made in a private meeting with Haun last week, following days of protests against the school board and the district.
Students and parents said they will just have to bring their questions to the regularly scheduled board meetings from now on.
Our calls to Haun were not returned.
- Two police officers promoted in ceremony in West Richland
- Uber driver waits for Pasco city approval
- UPDATE: Community debates Prosser SD staff's actions
- Yakima city leaders still working on an "inclusive public safety ordinance'
- Resident's worried but not shocked as police continue to investigate alleged assault on Greenway
- Winter recreation continues, but Sno-Parks are reducing services