Superintendent Rom Castijella has resigned as superintendent of the Kiona-Benton School District, effective immediately. Below is a portion of a release issued by the district this morning:
Superintendent Castilleja will be on an educational sabbatical leave until that date (June 30th, at his request.
Kimberly Scott, Executive Director, Finance, will manage the day-to-day operations of the District until a successor to Superintendent Castilleja has been appointed.
"The District has had a number of positive accomplishments during Superintendent Castilleja's employment, said Tim Cook, Board Chair.
"The Board and our staff will work hard to continue these trends in the future. The Board would like to thank Superintendent Castilleja for his service and commitment to our District's core mission, providing the best possible education to our kids.
"We wish him well in his future endeavors."
- Police kill machete-wielding man in Des Moines
- Police ask for help to locate missing 76-year-old Yakima man
- Oregon Senate approves raising legal tobacco age to 21
- Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival coming to Kennewick on Apr. 29
- Walla Walla homeless camp to move to Fort Walla Walla park
- Closing arguments to begin Thursday for trial of former Pasco police officer accused of rape