Superintendent Rom Castijella has resigned as superintendent of the Kiona-Benton School District, effective immediately. Below is a portion of a release issued by the district this morning:
Superintendent Castilleja will be on an educational sabbatical leave until that date (June 30th, at his request.
Kimberly Scott, Executive Director, Finance, will manage the day-to-day operations of the District until a successor to Superintendent Castilleja has been appointed.
"The District has had a number of positive accomplishments during Superintendent Castilleja's employment, said Tim Cook, Board Chair.
"The Board and our staff will work hard to continue these trends in the future. The Board would like to thank Superintendent Castilleja for his service and commitment to our District's core mission, providing the best possible education to our kids.
"We wish him well in his future endeavors."
- Walla Walla General Hospital breaks its silence following closure announcement
- State responds to letter from West Richland regarding pot shop location
- Trios Health offers fraud protection over patient data breach
- Northwest Food n Brew with Mike Gonzalez debuts Saturday on KAPP/KVEW
- Washington seeks to overturn tribe's fuel tax exemption
- Failure to yield causes rollover accident