One Department of Energy contractor is handing out free backpacks to children at the Boys & Girls Club in Pasco today.
Fluor Federal Services employees joined forces to make sure these kids had exactly what they needed before heading back to school.
Kids were excited to open up the backbacks and find pencils, erasers crayons and pencil boxes.
"What we'd like to see happen is to give these students the opportunity to start school on an equal footing with the rest of their peers and having the supplies they need to be able to take notes and to have something of their own to take pride in," said Tony Yumek, VP of Fluor.
Nearly 80 kids walked away with backpacks, ready to take on the school year.
- Home Builders Association warns flood victims of scams and provides tips
- Annual Fire Ops Training shows daily work of a firefighter
- 86-year-old Selah man struck, killed by SUV while driving scooter
- Police trying to identify 2 suspects involved in credit card skimming at Shell station
- Pasco police chief concerned about the identity of potential Uber drivers
- Richland begins construction of second dog park