One Department of Energy contractor is handing out free backpacks to children at the Boys & Girls Club in Pasco today.
Fluor Federal Services employees joined forces to make sure these kids had exactly what they needed before heading back to school.
Kids were excited to open up the backbacks and find pencils, erasers crayons and pencil boxes.
"What we'd like to see happen is to give these students the opportunity to start school on an equal footing with the rest of their peers and having the supplies they need to be able to take notes and to have something of their own to take pride in," said Tony Yumek, VP of Fluor.
Nearly 80 kids walked away with backpacks, ready to take on the school year.
- Walla Walla High School Rifle Team Captain Commits to Naval Academy
- Influx in car prowlers hits Tri-Cities
- Yakima City officials speak out in response to recent shooting death
- Scammers use fake Go Fund Me accounts to steal donated money
- Yakima residents concerned about violence after recent shootings
- Deputy revives man lying on sidewalk with no pulse