If you're trying to find the best place to raise your family, you may already be there.
Kiplinger names richland number two in the top ten places across the nation to raise your kids.
The company's method looked for metropolitan areas with high household incomes relative to living costs, a large percentage of families with children under 18 and low crime rates.
Then, it factored in educational factors and fun factors like countless options in outdoor acitivites.
One local mom tells us she couldn't agree more.
"It's a safe place to raise a family and we are very pleased with the schools," said Lindsay Clark. "Just the community in general, everyone is very nice."
Kiplinger also mentioned there's plenty to keep an active family entertained like a family fishing pond, a splash park, a quarter-acre "Playground of dreams" and 300 sunny days a year.
- Bud Clary Toyota of Yakima supports student attendance with bicycle give away
- Pilot escapes plane crash unharmed
- UK Parliament hit by cyberattack
- Early morning Tanglewood Apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Pasco Fire & Rescue train for distressed swimmer rescue
- First cannabis-infused massage studio opens in the Tri-Cities