The Kennewick Police Department said the 16-year-old driver that struck and killed a pedestrian (seen in photo) and injured another may have had a medical issue that caused her to lose control of her car.
Tara Batey was driving through the round-a-bout of W. Gage Blvd. and N. Center Parkway On August 23rd when she hit a rock, her airbags deployed and she hit Raquel Middleton and Ty Cornwell.
Middleton was taken to Kadlec Regional Medical Center where she pronounced bran dead.
Cornwell, Middleton's boyfriends, suffered a cut to one of his arms.
It's not clear whether Batey will be charged, the prosecutor's office has not received any paperwork on this matter.
Middleton's family will be hosting a spaghetti feed to raise money for funeral costs this Thursday at 5 p.m. at Kennewick Valley Grange on Washington St.
- 1st annual Plowing Bee and Horse Spectacular still taking place despite recent flooding
- WIAA Drill and Dance Championships arrive at the Yakima Valley Sundome
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to assaulting passenger on flight
- Prosser school bus driver facing backlash for religious signs
- Bills aim to aid job seekers with criminal history
- Police: Naked man destroys home in Edmonds