Fire investigators are looking into the cause of two apartment fires in Kennewick.
Officers were first called out around 8:45 last night to the Lakeside Apartments on Clearwater Avenue.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to an apartment, the attic and a unit's exterior deck.
Several hours later, crews were called back to an extensive fire in the attic and upstairs units.
Additional crews were called in to help battle the blaze.
No injuries to residents were reported, however one firefighter may need to be treated for minor injuires.
In all, ten units in the "I" building were affected by fire, smoke or water damage.
The top floors units are a complete loss and the units on the bottom floor received substantial water damage.
Fourteen residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross and Lakeside Apartment management.
The Red Cross is prepared to provide assistance with temporary housing; replacement of food, clothing and medical items; mental health support, and assistance with developing a recovery plan.
The Kennewick Fire Department says the investigation will be delayed until the structure is able to be evaluated and determined safe for entry.
- Funding for Yakima downtown plaza once again a problem
- Healthcare providers bracing for hospital closure in Walla Walla
- Wapato public swimming pool set to open for summer
- Pasco officer donates car seats to vehicle theft victims
- Oregon joins states where roadkill can be harvested for food
- Energy Northwest awarded for commitment to hiring veterans